Thursday, July 24, 2003

Another hot, humid day doing the finish work in Pam's upstairs. I had a couple of interesting conversations with Pam. I worked late and cleaned out all the tools and swept the floor for the guy coming to lay the hardwood floor. When I got home, Scott helped me to empty the truck which he took to CueTime to play pool. I asked him what he did all day. He said, "being lazy."

I ate alone and then took my bike to the beach. This time of year it is light enough and warm enough to go to the beach in the evening. For a few months of the year it is an earthly paradise. The beach is about two miles away. to get to the outer beach there is a long wooden bridge across part of Duxbury Bay. People are usually fishing from the side of the bridge and couples walking, and of course joggers and bicyclists. Yesterday there was a man on a small surfboard with a parachute-like wing pulling him around the bay. Occasionally he would leap up and let the wing pull him into the air. He is not nearly as gracefull as the seagulls that ride the aircurrents effortlessly. I went out to the outer beach and stood looking out to sea. Flocks of sand pipers were flying just off the surface of the water their wings flapping furiosly. A few terns flew over. I have always thought these to be the most graceful birds, but the flocks of them are gone, the nesting area was over-run with SUVs.

No comments: