Sunday, July 27, 2003

I have neglected the fine art of doing nothing but today I tried to re-sharpen my doing-nothing skills. I did have to get up at 6:30 to give Nathan a ride to work but I went back to sleep when I returned, and I skipped church. In the afternoon, I read the paper until Scott called for a ride home from his mother’s. Then I bicycled to the beach and walked along the shore for an hour or more. The water was very cold today, it made my feet hurt. Last summer it was warm all summer, warmer than it has ever been in my experience, but the currents must have shifted a little. The summer is beautiful here and it is easy to walk in the sand at low tide. I have to admit I spend a lot of time looking at the girls. In the evening, I bicycled to the church for the prayer meeting.

It is hot and muggy as I sit writing at the computer. Liz called and said her lawyer will be sending notice of a motion for temporary orders. I happened to open up a journal from the last round of court battles in 1995 and saw what a powerful piece of evidence was there. I wonder if I can use it in court? I am to meet with Attorney RH tomorrow to get his advice, although I do not intend to hire a lawyer for the trial.

No comments: