Saturday, April 24, 2004

Notes from a Fallen World

Last night my kisses drowned in the softness of black hair,
And my kisses like bees went plundering the softness of black hair.
Last night my hands were thrust into the mystery of black hair,
And my kisses like bees went plundering the sweetness of pomegranates
And among the scents of the harvest above my queen’s neck,
the harvest of black hair;
And my teeth played with the golden skin of her two ears.
Last night my kisses drowned in the softness of black hair,
And my kisses like bees went plundering the softness of black hair.



May 16, 1994

As I reflect on this day, I am struck by the contrast between the morning filled with warm Spring sunshine and the evening dark and rainy.
It was one of those intoxicating Spring mornings. Scott and I and even Liz woke early. We had cleaned the house on Saturday so everything was in good order for a day that we could just enjoy. Scotty and I went to church. The music of the bell choir playing matched the iridescent beauty of the morning, the Pastor spoke about encouragement and about the power of words to lift up or to tear down.
When we returned from the church, Liz was still up. Scott and I headed to Watertown to go to the Spring-fest along the Charles river with Caty and Jeff and Cynthia. Liz had other plans.
There were so many beautiful women there and I tried to remember the words from the book of James that the wisdom from above is first of all pure, I desired that wisdom and I desired those women. After the Spring-fest we visited my parents and then my sister Judy. And, last of all, we went down to the Tulipano’s house, by then, it had turned cold and was raining pretty hard. Scott and I went to Friendly’s and then headed home in the dark with the windshield wipers on at high speed.
At home the doors were locked and Liz was gone. We cozied in to our beds and went to sleep.

No comments: