Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Tir-na-n-og

Even now
If my girl with lotus eyes came to me again
Weary with the dear weight of young love,
Again I would give her to these starved twins of arms
And from her mouth drink down the heavy wine,
As a reeling pirate bee in fluttered ease
Steals up the honey from the nenuphar
.

I am wondering what plans to make for my life. I am at a turning point; my divorce is finally done, S is making plans to leave home to start his own life. I know the things I want in life. I know who and what I live for.

For you died and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
Colossians 3:3


What I do not know is what tomorrow holds; but that scarcely matters to me anymore because I know I am to live each day in complete dependence on and faith in God. (Although I must confess I am in a good mood when there is money in the bank and I am in a bad mood when there is not.) There is no security in earthly things, none whatsover.
But there is a responsibility for us to at least set a course. For although the wind of this earthly life will not blow forever, while it does, we ought not to drift aimlessly.

Broadly speaking, I want the same things most men want: a good marriage, my own home, good health, a satisfying career.. Specifically how to arrive at those is the more difficult question.






No comments: